Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Delight

Today I finally realized what mother's day is all about. Once you become a mother your children's needs (and many wants) become more important than anything you previously would have prioritized. In prior years my mother received a thoughtful card and gift, but I never understood what she would have wanted most-to spend time with her children. Today, for me, was a day of reflection. My children are wonderful, incredible, the best creations on the planet (to me) and even though today is supposed to be about appreciating the mothers.........I spent all day thinking about how lucky I was to be my children's mother. My children are the most precious gift that will ever be bestowed upon me and I am eternally grateful that I am their mother. Thank you my little darlings for choosing me as your mother; it is truly a privilege to have the opportunity to raise you.

No comments: