Sunday, May 18, 2008

Garage Sale Madness

This weekend we were officially inducted into the Kempton Hills neighborhood.. The Kempton Hills Garage sale is the biggest neighborhood garage sale of the year (I'd venture to say in the state of Alaska). I've never seen anything like it in my life! There are port-a-potties set up, policemen hired to patrol the event, no parking signs everywhere, and thousands of cars lining all available spaces. Most people have not only their own things but many other people's as well. Our house had an assortment of baby clothes and toys the twins have outgrown, my in-laws things, my brother-in-law's stuff, and my mother set up her very own section of the driveway with her garage sale stuff. At one point we had 30 people in our driveway alone!!!!! Steve was pleased that for once we made money at a garage sale. Since I was working there wasn't much time for me to purchase!

No comments: