Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping

We survived our first big camping trip with our little darlings. Monday through 3:23PM on Thursday I spent planning our trip and thinking about what we'd need. I made two trips to the store....Costco and Fred Meyer of course, did a million loads of laundry, and tried to think of everything I'd need in every inconceivable situation should it occur. My husband came home from work Thursday afternoon intent on hitting the road at the earliest possible moment.........I on the other hand was more concerned with remembering things. Men (forgive my generalization) don't seem to grasp the concept of what it takes to prepare for a trip. They think camping.........let's load up and go. On the other hand there is me planning out food for four days, packing clothes for five people, diapers, formula, baby food, the vacuum (no dirt for my babies!), lots of Clorox wipes, and mountains of toys and blankets.......last but not least BOB had to come with us too!
So Thursday afternoon my husband walked in the door prepared to leave (I stay home all day with the babies shouldn't I have the camper cleaned and packed, the truck loaded and all of us ready to go)? Yeah right.......I'm not superwomen by any stretch of imagination! Feeling rushed and frazzled I haphazardly threw what I thought might be everything we needed into the truck and jumped in the car. What important item did I forget? It seems like no matter how much planning I put into a trip I ALWAYS forget the most important thing........this time it happened to be the formula. Thank goodness for Fred Meyer in Soldotna!
(As a side note I enjoy giving my husband a hard time........I love you honey! Thanks for finding my posts humorous:)

Our weekend in Homer was fun! The guys went fishing, Payton, the twins, and I spent lots of quality time together, and we all enjoyed camping! I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I resorted to bribery with Payton...........in exchange for helping me with the babies he could get a souvenir at the end of our trip. Payton was an exceptional helper and without him the trip wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable.




Top 10 Camping Memories (in no particular order):
10. Bringing our vacuum camping
9. Family walks with BOB
8. Patrick jumping on Cassidy's head at bed time
7. Aunt Jenna's running commentary on the inequalities in marriage (and how sick she was)
6. Payton & my rummy game
5. Uncle Jimmy vacuuming his camper so the babies could come over and play
4. The exersaucer that was a lifesaver!
3. How great the babies were in the car (four hours down and five hours back!)
2. Gabe's wood chopping lessons & Steve's chopping block
1. The suits Mima made for Cassidy (without them she would be VERY scratched up!)

No comments: