Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stroller Envy

It's funny how life changes so inexplicably when you have children. The center of the universe suddenly revolves solely around them. In past birthday's I might have pined after jewelry, shoes, or purses. This year however, everything I want relates back to the twins. Who ever would have thought I'd want a stroller as a birthday present??????



Kara is a great antagonist for baby related gear I think I need. She is the stroller queen (currently she has eight!) The one stroller I have is not designed for walks....it is more of a mall type contraption. So what do we NEED? A jogging stroller with a swivel wheel, cup holders, and cushioned seats. The Cadillac of joggers, the greatest invention of all time..........the BOB. BOB comes with quite a hefty price tag, Cadillac's after all aren't cheap.



We went for a walk yesterday with Kara and the kidlets........and her brand new BOB. The boys rode in the Peg Perego and the girls had the luxury of BOB. It was love at first ride!!!



How am I going to justify this large expenditure?

* I have taken the babies on daily walks since the sun has appeared (4 days in a row now!)

* We are doing the heart run on Saturday..........and could use BOB for many other races

*I used to run.........I can become an avid jogger! Exercise is good!

*Getting out of the house keeps me sane (and who wants to live with an insane mommy?)

*If I use the jogger for three summers (it has a 100lb weight capacity) that would only be $100 per summer..........if I sell it on craigslist for $150 when our family is done with it.

*All of the large baby items we have needed thus far have been given to us or purchased secondhand. Don't the babies (and their mommy) deserve something new? (If a BOB appeared on craigslist I would snap it up in a heartbeat.........but so far there haven't been any)

*BOB can be used in the winter!

*I would never be alone with the babies...........I'd have BOB:)

*Not that it is necessary to keep up with the Jones' but Kara and I could match! Our neighbor with twin boys loves her BOB!!!!

*We are saving hundreds of dollars a month previously spent on Cassidy's formula.

* My birthday is in May and so is Mother's day.........Have I convinced anyone that BOB is a McSharry family necessity and not a frivolous expenditure???????


The "boys" Jackson, Patrick, and Bentley

The "girls" Genevieve and Cassidy

No comments: