Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Favorite Blanket


We have a collection of blankets......to say we have a few would be an understatement. Cassidy could care less which blanket accompanies her to nap time or bed. Patrick on the other hand has developed an attachment. It isn't the blanket their great grandmother spent hundreds of pain staking hours knitting, or the hand made baby quilts we were given. It isn't even one of the cute $15 blankets I splurged on at Wal-Mart. No, this blanket is special. This blanket, which must be in Patrick's crib, is a pink blanket I spent 50 cents on at a garage sale. Steve cringes every time he sees him with it........what father wouldn't? In my defense I must confess that the babies did sleep together for the first seven months of their lives...........pink and blue were side by side. And so my poor son now has a pink, very loved blankie. Just look on the bright side.......he has never worn pink clothes:)

No comments: