Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Projects.......

I love coming up with projects, especially crafty ones. Steve says I'm the queen of coming up with ideas......I lose a little steam starting them and unless it is a quick project it gets abandoned about half way to completion. Last night the babies were asleep, the toys were picked up, and the dishwasher was running. I sat down to watch TV and it just didn't feel right.......I was sitting there watching TV doing nothing!!!! So I decided to do a little knitting. A few years ago I started knitting a blanket for Steve. I spent way too much money on way too many balls of yarn and set out to make a nice big blanket. Well fast forward a few years and the "blanket" is 18 inches long and hasn't been touched in at least nine months. The needles are minuscule and the yarn is way too skinny. After spending a few hours knitting I set out to calculate how many more hours this project was going to take. At half an hour per row, ten rows per square (one inch!), and at least 35 more squares to completion I sighed and told Steve in 175 hours his blanket would be done. Needless to say he laughed at me and said my "skirt" looked lovely......perhaps when the babies start kindergarten it will have metamorphosed into a blanket. I then started talking about ideas for decorating the nursery..........the art of timing isn't a strong suit of mine!
Here are a few pictures of the babies playing yesterday!





No comments: