Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am NOT a seamstress

Making children's costumes seems like such a motherly thing to do. Last year I was too overwhelmed with keeping up with feedings and diaper changes to put any thought into what the babies would wear for Halloween. This year however, I was determined to make their costumes. Perhaps the first sign this was a quickly floundering fantasy was the fact that the only patterns that I could find were for cowboy/cowgirl outfits. I had envisioned Raggedy Ann and Andy but, apparently patterns are not as abundant as costumes. I proudly purchased the materials and pattern feeling extremely thrifty and very maternal. At home my smile faded as I looked at the 74 (yes 74!!!!!!!!!!!!!) steps to make a silly looking cowboy outfit!

Currently the pieces of these costumes are scattered all over the bedroom, I have spent HOURS of precious no baby time devoted to this project, and I have absolutely no desire to finish it. I think my short lived foray into sewing is officially over! Tomorrow I may break down and try to purchase already assembled costumes!!!

No comments: