Sunday, August 10, 2008

Silver Salmon Derby

Thursday night arrived in Seward and were pleasantly surprised by blue skies. After putting the babies to bed Payton and I went to the store to pick up a few bundles of wood. Apparently, the Salmon derby is a big deal in Seward. It is such a big deal that wood which is usually outrageously priced at $4.99 a bundle (plus the lovely Seward tax), is marked up to $6.99 (plus tax!). Can you believe anyone in their right mind would pay $7.48 for five small pieces of WOOD!!!!! As a display of extreme vexation we left Safeway empty handed. Perhaps someone took note of my not so silent protests and next week bundles will be reduced to their original outrageous prices.

Usually when we go camping there is someone who takes pity on me and doesn't go fishing. Unfortunately, for me, the Salmon derby took precedence and I found myself alone for twelve hours with the twins. Our new favorite things are the Seward playground, the book store, and the quilt shop. We even had our own fire, read lots of books, and had a cozy evening.


The boys came home very tired but they had fish! Hopefully next weekend they will win the jackpot:)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I have that camping chair and I love it, just thought you should know!

-Tammy