Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Clean up, Clean up!

My children are messy. On a daily basis the house gets destroyed. Payton voiced my feelings one night, "Why are you cleaning? It will all be messy again tomorrow." Grrrr. Yes, yes, trashed is more like it. I have a two (sometimes four) man wrecking crew on my hands.

As I was neatly putting each toy in its place after the babies had gone to bed Steve suggested that I box half the toys up so I didn't have so much to put away at night. I lovingly shot back if I had more people helping me it would only take half the time. While I don't think my husband is going to help pick up toys any time soon, I suddenly contemplated the idea of the children helping out. Patrick and Cassidy know how to put their dirty clothes in the laundry basket each morning, why not put away toys? They are fifteen months old now and with age comes responsibility. Wish me luck, but I'm determined to teach my children how to be neat!

No comments: