Wednesday, January 28, 2009

They're ganging up on me!

The twins love getting into mischief together. Whenever there is silence, I know they are up to something incredibly mischievous. It's as if they have planned ahead and made a pact of silence in advance (something I have yet to get out of them even when I demand it!) Quietly they sneak to whichever door they are plotting to ambush and once inside gleefully wreak havoc on said room.........all without a single peep. Not a scream of excitement, a laugh, or single word uttered. I'm telling you it's truly amazing. Whenever I want them to be quiet there is an over abundance of screaming, laughing, shouting, and various other LOUD sounds coming from their direction.

This morning after they broke into Payton's room twice in a ten minute period, I put them both into time out (a first!) and let them go at it for three minutes. I thought they would cry, scratch, bite, and behave in an equally unsuitable manner. I suppose the two I's of toddler training (isolate and ignore) were not being followed since they were together and laughing quite proud of themselves. They had the audacity to ENJOY their time out together and instead of punishment thought time out was wonderful!!!! Here is a picture of them both laughing at me................
I'm outnumbered...........

No comments: